Dear National Meeting Attendees,
As you know, due to concerns about COVID-19 – specifically the need to keep everyone safe and our responsibility to not contribute to the spread of the disease, we canceled the in-person version of the NAIC Spring National Meeting. Though it is disappointing that we won't be together in person, we are pleased to make our conference agenda available to you as a virtual conference.
- The public portion of the NAIC’s special session on state responses to COVID-19 will be held on March 20, 2020, starting at 11 AM ET via virtual meeting.
- Working groups, subgroups and other meetings will be held via conference calls March 16-31, 2020.
- Task force meetings will be held via conference calls April 1-10, 2020.
- Executive Committee and letter committees will be held via conference calls the week of April 13, 2020.
- EX/Plenary will meet via public conference call on April 20, 2020
This revised schedule demonstrates our continued commitment to the important work that the NAIC membership is doing during this time of crisis. The NAIC takes its role of convening discussions and analyzing data to support the efforts of our commissioners very seriously. We also believe that it is important that we share information with the insurance industry and the public, with that in mind, we have created the Coronavirus Resource Center which can be accessed here https://content.naic.org/naic_coronavirus_info.htm .
At the first NAIC meeting in May of 1871, there was a special session focused on the effects of epidemics. So, it is only fitting that we continue this rich tradition of convening discussions on important topics with a Special Session on COVID-19. We have assembled a diverse set of speakers to share insights around the impact of this novel strain of Coronavirus. The public session will kick-off on Friday, March 20, 2020, at 11 a.m. ET. It will be followed by a special regulator to regulator discussions after the public session concludes.
This National Meeting News page will serve as a resource to update you about what is happening at our virtual conference, so please bookmark and check back for updates.
As I'm sure you are experiencing first-hand, we are all doing our best to adjust our plans with the health and safety of others in mind. I know I speak on behalf of our membership and staff when I say that we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.