"Zone leaders play an important role as members of the NAIC’s Executive Committee and provide oversight and direction regarding the functions of the organization," said NAIC CEO Mike Consedine. "Coordination is foundational to how our members protect consumers and they do this through the NAIC zone structure.
"With their willingness to lead, these zone officers help steer the organization as we work on State Ahead, NAIC's three-year strategic plan and blueprint for the future of insurance regulation."
The NAIC bylaws define the purpose and the function of each zone position. Their terms of office correspond to that of the NAIC officers and begin Jan. 1, 2019.
- Elizabeth Kelleher Dwyer – Chair, Rhode Island
- Stephen C. Taylor – Vice Chair, District of Columbia
- Jessica Altman – Secretary, Pennsylvania
- Jim L. Ridling – Chair, Alabama
- Mike Chaney – Vice Chair, Mississippi
- James J. Donelon – Secretary, Louisiana
- Chlora Lindley-Myers – Chair, Missouri
- Larry Deiter – Vice Chair, South Dakota
- Jillian Froment – Secretary, Ohio