- Internal Administration (EX1) Subcommittee
- Information Systems (EX1) Task Force
2021 Adopted Charges
INFORMATION SYSTEMS (EX1) TASK FORCE
The mission of the Information Systems (EX1) Task Force is to: 1) provide regulator-based technology expertise to the Internal Administration (EX1) Subcommittee; and 2) support committee activities and objectives by monitoring projects that provide technical services or systems for state-based regulation, as prioritized by the Executive (EX) Committee.
Ongoing Support of NAIC Programs, Products or Services
- The Information Systems (EX1) Task Force will:
- Serve as the Internal Administration (EX1) Subcommittee's project-independent technology monitor and consultant. This involves monitoring the development, deployment and operations of NAIC information technology (IT) systems and services for state insurance regulators and, based on this effort, providing reports and recommendations to the Subcommittee as appropriate. To achieve this, the Task Force will receive regular portfolio and technical operational reports.
- Provide consultation to the NAIC technology staff, as well as the interpretation of intent and specific technology direction where needed. For example, from time to time, NAIC technology staff may request approval of a specific technology approach, such as a proposal to drop support for a particular version of software. The Task Force will provide direction in such matters, either directly or through a working group. Task Force members will also communicate current and future state technology changes planned for their state to alert NAIC technology staff of potential impacts and requirements for NAIC systems and services used by state insurance regulators.
- Review, with technical recommendations for the Subcommittee: 1) Fiscal Impact Statements Appendix A for all State Ahead projects, as well as others involving a technology component exceeding $100,000 or 1,150 hours of technology staff development and which is not limited to the support of the internal operations; and 2) project requests that involve technology being submitted to the Subcommittee or directly to the Executive (EX) Committee.
NAIC Support Staff: Sherry Stevens/Cheryl McGee
Public Webex Meeting
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
4:00 PM ET, 3:00 PM CT, 2:00 PM MT, 1:00 PM PT Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Interim meeting in lieu of the Spring National Meeting.
There are no education and training events at this time.