RSS, or Really Simple Syndication, provides a quick and easy way to keep current on the latest headlines from the NAIC. RSS feeds are free, updated content sent to your computer from a website delivered via RSS. The feeds contain headlines, and links to full articles. New content and links in Web feeds are updated automatically.
To subscribe to RSS feeds, you will need to use a "News Reader". Some readers are available as software you install on your computer or some browsers now contain features that allow you to read RSS feeds. There are also several third party subscription services which you can set up and read your RSS feeds from—three of the most popular are iGoogle, My MSN and My Yahoo!.
Once you subscribe to a couple of RSS feeds using your reader, your RSS reader receives and displays the latest stories or alerts from those feeds and lets you know when there is something new. You do not have to go to each website manually to see the latest information.
How to use NAIC RSS Feeds:
To view an NAIC RSS feed in your RSS Reader/Aggregator:
- Copy the Link/URL that corresponds to the feed you want.
- Paste the URL into your RSS aggregator or news reader and save it.
To view an NAIC feed on a website subscription service:
- On Google HomePage or Google Reader, look for the "Add by URL" link.
- On MyYahoo! use the "Add Content" tools and look for "Add RSS by URL" link.
- On My MSN, look for the "Add Content" link.
You can also use the "Subscription Service" links in the table below. They are configured to automatically add our RSS feed to your MyYahoo!, iGoogle ,or My MSN desktop/reader.
Copy the URL to your RSS reader or use the special links to add it to your subscription service.
Name of Feed
|Feed Link/URL||Subscription Service Link|
|News Releases||http://www.naic.org/press.xml||My Yahoo!
|Consumer alerts||http://www.naic.org/consumer_alerts.xml||My Yahoo!
The content delivered via NAIC RSS feeds is copyrighted material. All rights in and to NAIC RSS feeds, including the content and technology by which they are delivered, are reserved to NAIC. Any uses of NAIC RSS feeds not granted herein are strictly prohibited. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, the incorporation of advertising or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted at the content of the feeds.
NAIC RSS feeds are available for personal, noncommercial use or for noncommercial use on a Web site, weblog or similar application, provided that:
- no part of the RSS feed(s) content is modified or deleted.
- all links in the RSS feed(s) redirect the user to the NAIC Web sites when clicked;
- there is no intermediate page, splash page or other content inserted between the links and the applicable NAIC web page;
- the use or display does not suggest that the NAIC promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services; and
- the RSS feed(s) are not redistributed without prominent attribution to the NAIC;
If you display NAIC RSS feed content publicly, including on your website, you must provide acknowledgment to NAIC prominently and adjacent to the RSS feed content. Any use of NAIC's logo, trademarks or service marks requires the prior written permission of the NAIC. For permission requests, please visit NAIC's permissions page accessible from the footer of any page on the NAIC Web site. NAIC reserves the right to stop providing RSS feeds and to order that you cease accessing or using the NAIC RSS feeds or RSS feed content, at any time for any reason. By using the NAIC RSS feeds, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth above.