Disaster Risk Management
- An Insurance Preparedness Guide for Natural Disasters. A consumer guide on preparedness for home, auto, and flood.
- Disaster Preparedness. Resource list for consumers including tips, hotline numbers, disaster supply kits, etc.
- Flood Insurance. Consumer information on purchasing flood insurance.
- A Guide to Understanding Flood Insurance. A press release (2018) issued to consumers about the basics of flood insurance.
- Make A Plan To Reduce Your Flood Risk. A news release (2020) issued to consumers to understand flood risk.
- SB-389: Strengthen Alabama Homes Act. Legislation supporting the Strengthen Alabama Homes program, which provides assistance to homeowners in retrofitting insurance property to resist loss due to hurricane, tornado, or other windstorm events.
- Strengthen Alabama Homes. Strengthen Alabama Homes provides grants to residents of Baldwin and Mobile counties for residential wind mitigation on single family homes.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Alabama Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.