CIPR Resiliency Map - Alabama
Disaster Risk Management
- An Insurance Preparedness Guide for Natural Disasters. A consumer guide on preparedness for home, auto, and flood.
- Disaster Preparedness. Resource list for consumers including tips, hotline numbers, disaster supply kits, etc.
- 10 Steps To Complete a Home Inventory. Document for consumers to inventory their property in case of loss or damage.
- What to do Before and After a Storm. A guide for consumers on how best to prepare for a storm. Also includes digital preparedness resources.
- Mitigation Resources Division Provides disaster mitigation and preparedness resources to both consumers and the insurance industry.
- Flood Insurance. Consumer information on purchasing flood insurance.
- A Guide to Understanding Flood Insurance. A press release (2018) issued to consumers about the basics of flood insurance.
- Make A Plan To Reduce Your Flood Risk. A news release (2020) issued to consumers to understand flood risk.
- Private Flood Insurance Survey. A survey of insurers, reinsurers, managing general agents, and other industry stakeholders aimed at better understanding the concerns and perspectives surrounding writing private flood insurance in Alabama. Includes recommended actions for the Alabama Department of Insurance.
- Alabama Private Flood Survey Prompts Legislation to Encourage Insurer Participation. The Alabama Department of Insurance now taking steps to improve its private flood insurance market, with the potential to increase flood insurance options for Alabama homeowners.
- SB-389: Strengthen Alabama Homes Act. Legislation supporting the Strengthen Alabama Homes program, which provides assistance to homeowners in retrofitting insurance property to resist loss due to hurricane, tornado, or other windstorm events.
- Strengthen Alabama Homes. Strengthen Alabama Homes provides grants to residents of Baldwin and Mobile counties for residential wind mitigation on single family homes.
- What You Should Know About Named-Storm Deductibles. Provides consumers with information on how some insurance deductibles may vary depending on if a storm is named.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Alabama Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Fortified Home (Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety)