CIPR Resiliency Map - Arizona
Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Preparedness/Recovery: Consumer information on topics such as flood, storms, and fires.
- Insurance & Storms or Disasters: Disaster preparedness information for consumers. Addresses auto and homeowner's insurance, specifically.
- Preparation for Flooding Begins Immediately Following a Wildfire: Flood insurance FAQ for consumers.
- Making repairs after a disaster: Steps to take when starting to assess and repair property after a disaster.
- Arizona Flood Fact Sheet: Consumer fact sheet on historical floods in Arizona and information on purchasing a flood policy.
- Flood Insurance Information: Tip sheet for consumers on the specifics of purchasing a flood policy through NFIP.
- Avoiding wildfire damage: A checklist for homeowners (from FEMA). Tips for homeowners on creating defensible spaces and checking home for for fire-resistant materials.
- Is my fire-related loss covered by my insurance policy? Information for homeowners and business owners on various types of insurance coverages that would protect them in case of a fire.
- Insurance tips for wildfire victims. Information on filing a claim, paying premiums, contesting a denied claim, and how to protect yourself from contractor fraud.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Arizona Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- National Fire Protection Association (Firewise USA)
- Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety