CIPR Resiliency Map - Colorado
Disaster Risk Management
- My homeowner's insurance doesn't cover what? A consumer FAQ addressing fire, flood, and other natural disasters, as well as preparedness activities.
- Are you disaster ready? Information on readying for the most prevalent disasters that Colorado residents might see.
- Post-Disaster Claims Guide. A guide for consumers on what to expect throughout the insurance claims process.
- Flood insurance. Consumer information about flood insurance.
- Consumer Advisory: Insurance tips for consumers impacted by wildfires (10/19/2020). Information on evaluating insurance policies for adequate coverage before a disaster strikes and what to do after a fire (filing claims, documenting damages, etc).
- Colorado Property & Insurance Wildfire Preparedness Guide. A brochure covering wildfire mitigation, preparedness, creating defensible spaces, and checking insurance coverages.
- Flood after Fire. Information and resources about preparing for flooding after a fire.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Colorado Division of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) - Resilience Planning
- Colorado Departemnt of Local Affairs (DOLA) - Watershed Resilience
- Colorado Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management - Mitigation
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)