Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster & Incident Response Framework (2013). A report from the Georgia Association of Fire Chiefs that outlines a framework for disaster response.
- Severe Weather Response Guide (2013). A document from the Georgia Association of Fire Chiefs that outlines how GA fire departments responded to severe weather and their severe weather response plan.
- Safety Tips - Flooding. Consumer information about preparing for a flood.
- Now is the time to consider flood insurance. Press release from Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King to consumers on the importance of purchasing flood insurance.
- Safety Tips - Hurricanes. Consumer information about preparing for a hurricane.
- Hurricane Season begins June 1st. Press release from Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King to consumers addressing the importance of preparing for hurricane season.
- Hurricane Preparedness Expo (2019). The Expo, held June 1, 2019, was a free educational event for consumers. Exhibitors were available to assist participants in preparing for hurricane season.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner's website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)