CIPR Resiliency Map - Hawaii
Disaster Risk Management
- My insurance doesn't cover what? A document for consumers on fire, flood, natural disasters and how to best prepare for them.
- What does home, hurricane, and flood insurance cover? A brochure for consumers on flood, hurricane, and home insurance.
- Preparing for Natural Disasters. Information for consumers on preparing for hurricanes and what to do after a storm.
- Flood insurance information. Food insurance information for consumers.
- 2019 Flood insurance workshop for insurance agents, realtors, and lenders. Held August 15, 2019, this workshop provided training on the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Understanding flood insurance. Information for consumers to help them determine their flood risks and better understand flood policies.
- Guide to Hurricane Strengthening for Hawaii Single-Family Residences. This guide provides homeowners and contractors information on retrofitting residential structures in Hawaii.
- Hurricane Preparedness Tips. Outlines a four-step process for consumers to follow when preparing for hurricanes.
- Hurricane Insurance. Information on hurricane insurance for consumers.
- Hawaii Hurricane Relief Fund. Funds from the HHRF are available to residents if private hurricane insurance is limited in Hawaii.
- HRS 431P. This legislation outlines the provisions of the Hawaii Hurricane Relief Fund.
These external agencies are mentioned on Hawaii's Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Federal Emergency Management Program (FEMA)
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)