CIPR Resiliency Map - Idaho
Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Preparedness. Consumer guide on preparing for disasters, as well as steps to take after an emergency.
- Post-Disaster Claims Guide. A consumer guide outlining steps to take post-disaster recovery, as well as preventive measures to take to mitigate before another disaster.
- After a Wildfire. Information for consumers on hiring contractors and working with public adjusters in recovery efforts after a wildfire.
- Wildfire Property Damage - Tips for Filing a Claim. Information on contacting insurance companies, recording damages sustained by fire, and what damages are typically covered and excluded from policies.
- Home Inventory Checklist. An inventory list, going room by room, of personal property so consumers may be better prepared when filing a claim for personal property damages.
- What to do Before and After a Flood. Tips for consumers to follow in order to prepare for a flood, as well as actions to take immediately after a flood. Also, tips for being aware of scammers who may try to take advantage of homeowners.
- Prepare Now for Flood Season in Idaho. A press release warning consumers to prepare well in advance for flooding season by purchasing flood insurance through NFIP.
- Flood (Surface Water) Coverage. Information on obtaining flood insurance through NFIP.
- Wildfires and homeowner insurance. Tips for homeowners to make sure their homeowner's insurance is adequate in case of a wildfire.
- State Fire Marshal - Fire in Idaho Annual Reports (from 1999-2018)
These external agencies are mentioned on the Idaho Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- U.S. Fire Administration
- Idaho Fire Info
- Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)
- National Association of State Fire Marshals