CIPR Resiliency Map - Maryland
Disaster Risk Management
- Insurance Preparedness for Natural Disasters. Includes general information, what to do before and after a loss, information on earthquake insurance, and videos on the importance of being prepared for a disaster.
- An Insurance Preparedness Guide for Natural Disasters. A guide for consumers covering topics such as flood insurance, filing claims, and what to look for when purchasing an insurance policy.
- Weather-Related Damage: Frequently Asked Questions about Insurance Coverage. A brochure for consumers on weather-related damages and how insurance protects their auto and home.
- A Consumer Guide to Disaster-Relief Resources. A brochure for consumers on various government and non-profit agencies that may assist in disaster relief.
- Because Your Family Matters: An Insurance Disaster Preparedness Review (May 3, 2018). A PowerPoint presentation for consumers on resources the Maryland Insurance Administration offers, along with information on emergency preparedness actions.
- Flood Insurance for Small Business Owners. Frequently asked questions for business owners about purchasing flood insurance.
- Flood Insurance Basics. A 3-page information resource for consumers on the basics of flood insurance, what it covers, how to purchase it, what it costs, and how to determine if it's needed.
- Understanding the Difference Between Flood Damage and Water Damage. A consumer advisory informing consumers about the the difference between water damage resulting from natural floods versus other types of water damage.
- Water Damage: Will My Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover It? (April 4, 2019). A PowerPoint presentation for consumers about flood insurance policies and what types of water damage a homeowner's policy will and will not cover.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Maryland Insurance Administration's website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Maryland Department of Health