CIPR Resiliency Map - Michigan
Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Preparedness. Consumer resource page on preparing for a disaster.
- Flood. Consumer information on flooding, purchasing a flood policy, and what to do if you have water damage.
- Flood Insurance: What You Need to Know. A consumer brief about the basics of purchasing flood insurance, who needs it, and how to determine flood risk.
- Tornado/Severe Storms. Consumer information on what to do after a severe storm or tornado hits.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Michigan Department of Insurance & Financial Services website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and resources.
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: Natural Disasters and Severe Weather
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Michigan Prepares
- Division of Emergency Preparedness & Response
- State Emergency Relief Program (SER)
- Michigan State Police Emergency Management & Homeland Security