Disaster Risk Management
- Severe Weather Resources. Resources for consumers on preparing for and responding to severe weather.
- Community Recovery and Resilience Leadership Forum - 2018. This forum addressed issues pertaining to disaster mitigation, flood mapping, earthquake insurance, flood insurance, resiliency strategies and the role of the private sector in disaster relief.
- Severe Weather and Earthquake Risks in Missouri. Educates on which regions in Missouri are most prone to earthquakes, tornadoes, and flooding.
- Home Inventory Checklist. A checklist created by the MO Department of Insurance to help consumers prepare for potential property losses.
- Winter Storm FAQs. Information on potential homeowner damages/losses from winter weather, such as ice, frozen pipes, snow, and fallen debris.
- Crop Insurance. Information on crop insurance, what it covers, and how to file claims for crop damage due to severe weather such as drought and flooding.
- Earthquake Insurance. Informs consumers about earthquake insurance: pricing, availability, and general information.
- 2019 Missouri Residential Earthquake Coverage Report. This report presents data on some of the market trends over the past 15 years. Missouri is one of the few states that collect residential insurance data by ZIP code, including data for earthquake coverage.
- Find Earthquake Coverage. A list of insurers in Missouri that offer earthquake insurance.
- Resources for Flood Victims. Information for consumers on purchasing flood insurance, what kinds of property it covers, and and working with insurance adjusters after a loss.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Department of Homeland Security: DisasterAssistance.gov
- U.S. Department of Agriculture - Risk Management Agency (Crop Insurance)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - Storm Prediction Center
- Missouri Storm Aware
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services- Disaster and Emergency Planning - Ready in 3
Local News on Resiliency and Disaster Response