CIPR Resiliency Map - Nebraska
Disaster Risk Management
- Before the Storm: Don't Wait Until It's Too Late. A brochure for consumers on taking preventive measures to protect themselves and their property before a disaster strikes.
- After the Storm: The Disaster Claims Process. A brochure for consumers on what to do immediately after a storm and who to contact for assistance.
- Home Inventory Checklist. A checklist consumers can use to inventory their belongings in case of property loss.
- Consumer Tips for Weather-Related Disasters. A tip sheet from the NE DOI on preparation, including making sure residents have adequate insurance coverage, and what to do immediately following severe weather if damages have occurred.
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency: 2020 Annual Report. Report on disaster management and preparedness activities for NEMA in 2020.
- Earthquake Coverage Requires a Separate Policy or Endorsement. Information sheet for consumers on what earthquake insurance covers, if it's needed, and how much it costs.
- Consumer Alert: Nebraskans urged to review flood insurance needs (March 2021). Helpful reminders for consumers on how to prepare for flooding, including the purchase of flood insurance.
- Disaster Response Steps (Flood). Consumer information on what to do after a flood.
- Flood Outreach Toolkit. Tool designed for Regulators/Agents to help consumers after a flood disaster.
- Resources for Nebraska Flood Victims. A consumer alert with Q&A on where to go for help following a flood loss, as well as tips on filing claims and working with home repair contractors.
- Nebraska Insured Homeowners Protection Act. An information sheet geared toward consumers on what their legal rights are when it comes to working with contractors on home repairs and replacement.
- Nebraska Revised Statute 44-8601 - The Insured Homeowners Protection Act. The actual legislation referenced above.