CIPR Resiliency Map - Nebraska
Disaster Risk Management
- Before the Storm: Don't Wait Until It's Too Late. A brochure for consumers on taking preventive measures to protect themselves and their property before a disaster strikes.
- After the Storm: The Disaster Claims Process. A brochure for consumers on what to do immediately after a storm and who to contact for assistance.
- Home Inventory Checklist. A checklist consumers can use to inventory their belongings in case of property loss.
- Consumer Tips for Weather-Related Disasters. A tip sheet from the NE DOI on preparation, including making sure residents have adequate insurance coverage, and what to do immediately following severe weather if damages have occurred.
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency: 2020 Annual Report. Report on disaster management and preparedness activities for NEMA in 2020.
- Earthquake Coverage Requires a Separate Policy or Endorsement. Information sheet for consumers on what earthquake insurance covers, if it's needed, and how much it costs.
- Consumer Alert: Nebraskans urged to review flood insurance needs (March 2021). Helpful reminders for consumers on how to prepare for flooding, including the purchase of flood insurance.
- Disaster Response Steps (Flood). Consumer information on what to do after a flood.
- Flood Outreach Toolkit. Tool designed for Regulators/Agents to help consumers after a flood disaster.
- Resources for Nebraska Flood Victims. A consumer alert with Q&A on where to go for help following a flood loss, as well as tips on filing claims and working with home repair contractors.
- Nebraska Insured Homeowners Protection Act. An information sheet geared toward consumers on what their legal rights are when it comes to working with contractors on home repairs and replacement.
- Nebraska Revised Statute 44-8601 - The Insured Homeowners Protection Act. The actual legislation referenced above.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Nebraska Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.