CIPR Resiliency Map - New York
Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Preparation Tips. Advice to consumers on preparing for disasters, filing claims after a loss, and how to avoid storm recovery scams.
- Storm Preparedness Tips. Tips for consumers on general storm preparedness, purchasing the right insurance policy, and how to deal with damage from storms.
- Disaster Preparedness and Response: Business Continuity Questionnaire. Questionnaire to determine how New York businesses are preparing for disaster.
- Flood & Flood Insurance Information. Tips for consumers on preparing for floods, purchasing flood insurance, and what a policy typically covers.
Hurricane and Wind
- Storm Preparedness. Tips for consumers on preparing for storms, purchasing adequate insurance policies, and cleaning up debris after a major storm.
- New York State Homeowners Coverage: Approved Independent Mandatory Hurricane Deductibles (as of 12/13/2019). A chart of insurers, deductible percentages, deductible "triggers" and territories covered in NY State.
These external agencies are mentioned on the New York State Department of Financial Services website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.