Disaster Risk Management
- Get Ready: Natural Disasters. Consumer information on getting ready for a natural disaster before the emergency strikes.
- After the Disaster: Your Step-by-Step Recovery Guide. Outlines specific steps for consumers to take to recover from a disaster.
- Info for Storm Victims. Emphasizes the importance of reviewing property damage, filing insurance claims, and contacting the DOI for additional assistance.
- Recovering from a Disaster. A page with useful resources and phone numbers of organizations that can assist with disaster recovery.
- Mulready says Get Ready: Floods. A FAQ for consumers on purchasing flood insurance.
- Mulready says Get Ready: Flood Edition (electronic book). Tips for what to do before, during, and after a flood, including disaster preparedness, purchasing flood insurance, and filing insurance claims.
- Frequently Asked Questions about flood insurance. FAQ on flood insurance, FEMA disaster assistance, etc.
- Don't let a flood sweep away your savings. A guide as to what is typically covered under a flood insurance policy.
- Mulready says Get Ready: Tornadoes & Severe Storms. Tips for consumers on understanding their insurance policy and what it covers before severe weather occurs.
- Mulready says Get Ready: Tornadoes and Severe Weather (electronic book). Tips for what to do before, during, and after severe weather, including disaster preparedness and filing insurance claims.
- Prepare Yourself: Tornadoes and Severe Weather. Consumer guide on being prepared for severe weather.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.