Disaster Risk Management
- Disasters Happen. Information for consumers to take steps to protect their assets before disaster strikes.
- Disaster preparedness checklist. Checklist for consumers on what to do before and after a catastrophe.
- Help with home insurance - Disaster Preparedness. Overview of homeowner's insurance and how it can help mitigate against unforeseen disasters.
- Oregon Resiliency: A Progress Report. A 5-year progress report on accomplishments achieved since the OR Resilience Plan's publication in 2013.
- Earthquake insurance. Discussion of earthquake and tsunami coverage for consumers.
- Earthquakes - Insurance Tips. Consumer tips on earthquake insurance.
- 2017 Earthquake Insurance Data Call.
- Flood Insurance. Consumer info on buying flood insurance.
- Commercial/Agricultural insurance for wildfires. Addresses fire/smoke damage, business interruption insurance, landslides and flooding.
- Governor's Council on Wildfire Response. Establishment of a Council that will review the state's current model for wildfire prevention, preparedness and response.
- Wildfire. Consumer information on preparing for wildfires.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Oregon Division of Financial Regulation's website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Earthquake (FEMA)
- Earthquake Hazards Program (USGS)
- FEMA Flood Map Service Center
- How do I buy flood insurance?
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Earthquakes in OR (OR Dept. of Geology & Mineral Industries)
- Fire Prevention (OR Dept. of Forestry)
- Map of Selected Earthquakes for OR, 1841-2002
- Portland Housing Bureau Flood Insurance Savings Program
- Put together an emergency kit
- Wildfires: Addressing worker concerns