CIPR Resiliency Map - Pennsylvania
Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster Recovery. Disaster recovery resources, mostly focused on flood.
- After the Storm. Tips for consumers on what to do post-disaster.
- Disaster Recovery - What's Covered. A general overview of what types of damages from disasters are covered by insurance policies.
- Disaster Recovery - Flood Facts. A tip sheet for consumers on flood facts and flood insurance.
- Flood insurance. A consumer FAQ about flood insurance.
- Flood Preparation Live Twitter Chat. A news release about various state departments that hosted a Twitter chat in July 2019 about storm and flood preparation.
- More Pennsylvanians Getting Private Market Flood Insurance Policies to Protect Homes and Property. (2/26/2019) Press release indicating that private market flood insurance policies in Pennsylvania increased 72% from February 2018.
Hurricanes & Wind
- Consumer Alert: Hurricane Preparation. A document that outlines what steps consumers can take now to protect themselves and their property, including conducting a home inventory, having insurance information readily available, and how to help prevent home repair fraud.
- Insurance Commissioner Highlights Importance of Flood Insurance as Part of Hurricane Awareness Tour. Press release detailing the misconceptions of what is and isn't covered when flooding occurs.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
- Ready PA