CIPR Resiliency Map - Rhode Island
Disaster Risk Management
- Preparing for spring's extreme weather. Consumer information on prevalent destructive weather occurring in spring and how residents can best prepare for it.
- Disaster preparedness: Act now to make filing a claim easier after the storm. Consumer alert discussing the importance of creating a home inventory, reviewing insurance policies, creating an emergency plan, and what to do after a storm occurs.
- Disaster planning for small businesses: Review and update your business insurance in case disaster strikes. Information for business owners on disaster preparedness and insurance needs.
- Know your flood risk. Consumer alert discussing flood risk, floodplain maps, and where to purchase a flood insurance policy.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation Insurance Division website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Resilient Rhody
- Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council
- State of Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency