Disaster Risk Management
- Natural Disasters. Info for consumers on how the DOI can help them recover from disasters, and how to spot an insurance scam
- The insurance commissioner's work on climate risk and insurance. Reviews the work the Washington DOI has been involved in regarding climate change and insurance.
- Washington Disaster Resiliency work group. Work group created by Washington legislation SSB 5106 to review disaster resiliency activities and make appropriate recommendations if a more permanent disaster resiliency program should be established.
- Kreidler delivers disaster resilience recommendations to state leaders. A press release (released 11/10/2020) from the Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner detailing recommendations made to the governor to establish a statewide disaster resilience office.
- Earthquake Insurance. The basics of earthquake coverage.
- Landslide Insurance. Information on landslide insurance.
- Volcano coverage for your home and auto. What to look for in home and auto policies that would cover damages from volcanic eruptions.
- Flood Insurance. Information on purchasing flood coverage.
Hurricane & Wind
- Winter weather and insurance coverage. Covers FAQs on wind damage and winter weather.
- SSB 5106. Bill establishing creation of a work group to study and make recommendations on disaster resilience and mitigation.
- Wildfires and homeowner insurance. Homeowner tips for reviewing policies relating to wildfire damages.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Washington Governor Jay Inslee
- Washington Military Department
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources
- Washington Wildfire Resources (Governor's Office)