- Executive (EX) Committee
- Financial Stability (EX) Task Force
- Liquidity Assessment (EX) Subgroup
- Government Relations (EX) Leadership Council
- Innovation and Technology (EX) Task Force
- Artificial Intelligence (EX) Working Group
- Big Data (EX) Working Group
- Speed to Market (EX) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force
The Big Data (EX) Working Group will:
- Review current regulatory frameworks used to oversee insurers' use of consumer and non-insurance data. If appropriate, recommend modifications to model laws and/or regulations regarding marketing, rating, underwriting and claims, regulation of data vendors and brokers, regulatory reporting requirements, and consumer disclosure requirements.
- Propose a mechanism to provide resources and allow the states to share resources to facilitate their ability to conduct technical analysis of, and data collection related to, the review of complex models used by insurers for underwriting, rating and claims. Such a mechanism shall respect and in no way limit the states' regulatory authority.
- Assess data needs and required tools for state insurance regulators to appropriately monitor the marketplace and evaluate underwriting, rating, claims and marketing practices. This assessment shall include gaining a better understanding of currently available data and tools, as well as recommendations for additional data and tools, as appropriate. Based on this assessment, propose a means to collect, house and analyze needed data.
Director Market Regulation
Director, Research and Actuarial Department
Assistant Director Market Regulation
Please see the current Committee List for a complete list of committee members.