Disaster Risk Management
- Disaster planning for small businesses. Information for consumers on how to prepare a business for a potential disaster.
- Make recovering from storm damage easier. Information on creating a home inventory, reviewing insurance coverage, and how to proceed with disaster recovery.
- Five reminders about your insurance coverage. Consumer information on key insurance coverages to have in place, conducting a home inventory, etc.
- Evaluate your need for flood insurance. FAQ for consumers on flood insurance.
- Need flood insurance? A YouTube video for consumers about evaluating flood risk and purchasing a flood insurance policy.
- DC Floodplain Map. Map from FEMA outlining flood-prone areas of D.C.
- Hurricane Preparation: Act now to make recovering from storm damage easier. Tips for consumers on preparing for hurricane season (June 1- November 30).
- 2020 Hurricane Season Preparedness. Tips for consumers on preparing for hurricane season.
These external agencies are mentioned on the D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- United State Geological Survey (USGS)
- Department of Energy & Environment
- District of Columbia Silver Jackets