CIPR Resiliency Map - Illinois
Disaster Risk Management
- Plan-Prevent-Prepare. A brochure for consumers on how to prepare for a disaster.
- Property insurance consumer guide. Consumer guide to help differentiate between types of insurance coverage, as well as how to prepare for a disaster.
- When a disaster strikes - What to do after an insured homeowners loss. Consumer guide to prepare homeowners for disasters, as well as what actions to take after a disaster including rebuilding, choosing a contractor, etc.
- Illinois Department of Insurance Reminds Homeowners of Their Options Following Summer Storms (2017). A news release about basic insurance coverage for homeowners and what general perils homeowners insurance covers and excludes.
- Disaster Strikes: What Should I Do? A brochure from the Illinois DOI outlining actions to take before and after a disaster occurs.
- Disasters and Your Privacy. Information for consumers on how to protect their personal information during a disaster.
- Illinois Department of Insurance Urges Consumers to Review Flood Insurance Policies (2015). A press release informing consumers about purchasing flood insurance.
- Flood Insurance Training Information. Training information for producers who sell flood insurance policies under the National Flood Insurance Program.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Illinois Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- State of Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
- University of Illinois Extension - Disaster Resources