CIPR Resiliency Map - Kansas
Disaster Risk Management
- What to do when disaster strikes. A tip sheet for consumers on preparing for a disaster and how to respond when disaster strikes.
- Before & After the Storm. Insurance tips for storm preparation and recovery.
- Press release: Insurance Matters (March 2018). Checklist the KS DOI prepared for 2018 storm season precautions and preparations.
- Kansas Estimated Storm Losses. Claims and monetary loss data for 2009-2019.
- Personal Home Inventory. Document for consumers to inventory their property in case of loss or damage.
- Storm/Flood Insurance. Consumer information on storm and flood preparation.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Kansas Insurance Department website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- State of Kansas
- K-State Research & Extension Office, KS Forest Service, & Office of the State Fire Marshal: