CIPR Resiliency Map - Texas
Disaster Risk Management
- Before the Storm. Consumer tips before a disaster strikes.
- Disasters: How to prepare and recover. Disaster preparation and post-disaster information.
- Storm Warnings. Insurance tips for consumers for disasters.
- Flood Insurance. Information on purchasing a flood insurance policy.
- Homeowners, Flood, and Windstorm Policies Comparison. Chart depicting characteristics of each type of policy.
Hurricane & Wind
- Windstorm Inspections. Information for coastal homeowners on windstorm inspection, as well as information on building codes and forms for contractors, engineers and inspectors.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Texas Department of Insurance website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- National Flood Insurance Program
- FEMA/Flood maps
- FEMA/Historical Flood Risk & Costs
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service
- NOAA Satellite and Information Service
- Texas A&M Forest Service
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Texas Extension Disaster Education Network
- Texas General Land Office/Disaster Preparedness
- Texas Ready
- Texas Wildfire Risk Assessment Portal
- Texas Windstorm Insurance Association