CIPR Resiliency Map - Utah
Disaster Risk Management
- Before & After the Disaster. Consumer tips for disaster preparedness.
- Disaster Preparedness Guide. A list of links and PDFs of information covering household inventories, understanding coverages, the claims process, and tips to prepare for certain kinds of disasters.
- When Evacuating, Take a Minute for Insurance. Consumer tips for evacuation.
- Your Home is Your Biggest Asset. Reviews important insurance to have for a home, including flood and earthquake coverage.
- Post-Disaster Claims Guide. An NAIC guide for consumers on on working with their insurance provider, home contractors, and others when recovering/rebuilding from a disaster.
- Earthquake Insurance in Utah. Information on earthquake insurance.
- Basic Home Insurance Does Not Cover Flood Damage. Consumer info on importance of flood insurance.
- Flood Insurance in Utah. Information on flood insurance.
- Purchase Flood Insurance Before Flood Season Starts. Consumer information on flood insurance.
- Flooding after a wildfire. Addresses flooding after a fire and how consumers can purchase private or federal flood insurance to protect their assets.
- Disaster Prep Guide - Wildfire. An NAIC information sheet for consumers on what to do before, during, and after a wildfire.
- When evacuating, take a minute for insurance. Tips for consumers on filing a claim when wildfire has damaged their residence.
- Insurance tips for wildfire season. The Utah DOI answers 5 commonly asked questions about wildfire season and insurance.
These external agencies are mentioned on the Utah Insurance Department website and provide further information on catastrophe planning and preparedness.
- FEMA/Flood Insurance 101: Region VIII Training
- FEMA/Flood Map
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)