- Executive (EX) Committee
- Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force
- Government Relations (EX) Leadership Council
- Innovation and Technology (EX) Task Force
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (EX) Working Group
- E–Commerce (EX) Working Group
- Speed to Market (EX) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force
- Long-Term Care Insurance Financial Solvency (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Multistate Rate Review (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Reduced Benefit Options (EX) Subgroup
- Special (EX) Committee on Race and Insurance
The mission of the Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force is to serve as the coordinating NAIC body for discussion and engagement on climate-related risk and resiliency issues, including dialogue among state insurance regulators, industry, and other stakeholders.
2021 Adopted Charges
Ongoing Support of NAIC Program, Products or Services
The Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force will:
- Consider appropriate climate risk disclosures within the insurance sector, including:
- Evaluation of the Climate Risk Disclosure Survey.
- Evaluation of alignment with other sectors and international standards.
- Evaluate financial regulatory approaches to climate risk and resiliency in coordination with other relevant committees, task forces and working groups, such as the Financial Condition (E) Committee and the Financial Stability (EX) Task Force, including:
- Evaluation of the use of modeling by carriers and their reinsurers concerning climate risk.
- Evaluation of how rating agencies incorporate climate risk into their analysis and governance.
- Evaluation of the potential solvency impact of insurers’ exposures, including both underwriting and investments, to climate-related risks.
- Evaluation and development of climate risk-related disclosure, stress-testing, and scenario modeling.
- Consider innovative insurer solutions to climate risk and resiliency, including:
- Evaluation of how to apply technology and innovation to the mitigation of storm, wildfire, other climate risks and earthquake.
- Evaluation of insurance product innovation directed at reducing, managing and mitigating climate risk, and closing protection gaps.
- Identify sustainability, resilience and mitigation issues and solutions related to the insurance industry.
- Consider pre-disaster mitigation and resiliency and the role of state insurance regulators in resiliency.
NAIC Support Staff: Jennifer Gardner
2021 Summer National Meeting
Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force
Sunday, August 15, 2021
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Battelle Ballroom - Convention Center, Level 3