Climate and Resiliency (Ex) Task Force
- Executive (EX) Committee
- Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force
- Financial Stability (EX) Task Force
- Liquidity Assessment (EX) Subgroup
- Government Relations (EX) Leadership Council
- Innovation and Technology (EX) Task Force
- Artificial Intelligence (EX) Working Group
- Big Data (EX) Working Group
- Speed to Market (EX) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force
- Long-Term Care Insurance Financial Solvency (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Multistate Rate Review (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Reduced Benefit Options (EX) Subgroup
- Special (EX) Committee on Race and Insurance
The Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force will:
2020 DRAFT CHARGES
- Serve as the coordinating NAIC body for discussion and engagement on climate-related risk and resiliency issues, including dialogue among regulators and with industry and other stakeholders.
- Consider appropriate climate risk disclosures within the insurance sector, Including:
- Evaluation of Climate Risk Disclosure Survey
- Evaluation of alignment with other sectors and international standards
- Evaluating financial regulatory approaches to climate risk & resiliency, including:
- Investigation of the use of modeling by carriers and their reinsurers concerning climate risk
- Investigation of how rating agencies incorporate climate risk into their analysis and governance
- Investigation and development of climate risk-related stress-testing and scenario modeling.
- Consider innovative insurer solutions to climate risk and resiliency, including:
- Investigation of how to apply technology and innovation to mitigation of storm, wildfire, earthquake and other climate risks
- Evaluation of insurance product innovation directed at reducing, managing, and mitigating climate risk
- Identify sustainability, resilience and mitigation issues and solutions related to the insurance industry.
- Consideration of pre-disaster mitigation and resiliency and the role of insurance regulators in resiliency.
NAIC Support Staff: Jennifer Gardner
There are no call materials at this time.
Related NAIC Publications