Esprit de Corp Award
NAIC leadership bestowed its first Esprit de Corps Award in 2006 to recognize a state insurance department's outstanding service to the NAIC and the demonstration of a spirit of cooperation with its members. The name of the award was chosen because "Esprit de Corps" is defined as "a common spirit of comradeship, enthusiasm, and devotion to a cause among the members of a group."
Past Recipients include:
Puerto Rico - Dorelisse Juarbe Jimenez
Nebraska - Tim Wagner
New York - Eric Dinallo
Florida - Kevin McCarty
Robert Dineen Award for Outstanding Service and Contribution
to the State Regulation of Insurance
In June 1989, the NAIC established the Robert Dineen Award in honor of the founder of NAIC's Support and Services Office. The award is designed to honor a staff member of an insurance department who has made an outstanding contribution to state regulation of insurance, and exhibits an attitude and performs activities fostering the advancement of the insurance regulatory profession.
Dick Brock, Kansas Department of Insurance
John Montgomery, California Department of Insurance
James W. Schacht, Chief Deputy Commissioner for the state of Illinois
Terence Lennon, Assistant Deputy Director, Superintendent and Chief Examiner of life companies for the New York Department.
Robert Solitro, Deputy Commissioner for the state of New Hampshire.
Vincent Laurenzano, Assistant Deputy Superintendent and Chief Examiner, New York Insurance Department.
Cecil Thomas, Director of the Financial Condition Division, South Carolina Department of Insurance
Norris Clark, Deputy Commissioner and Chief of the Financial Surveillance Branch, California Department of Insurance
Kevin Cronin, NAIC's Director of Government and International Relations
Larry Gorski, Chief Actuary for the Illinois Department of Insurance
Guenther Ruch, Administrator of the Division of Regulation and Enforcement in the Wisconsin Department of Insurance
Maryellen Waggoner, Deputy Commissioner for the Colorado Division of Insurance
Tom Foley, Life and Health Actuary with the Kansas Insurance Department
Arnold Dutcher, Chief Deputy Director of the Illinois Department of Insurance
Stephen J. Johnson, Deputy Insurance Commissioner for the state of Pennsylvania
Betty Patterson, Senior Associate Commissioner for the Texas Department of Insurance
Randy Blumer, Deputy Insurance Commissioner with the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
Rosanne Mead, Assistant Insurance Commissioner for the State of Iowa
Fred Nepple, General Counsel for the state of Wisconsin
David Parsons, Alabama Insurance Department
Rich Robleto, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
Michael J. Moriarty, New York State Department of Financial Services
Robert Wake, Maine Bureau of Insurance
Charles Rapacciuolo, New York State Department of Financial Services
Larry J. Bruning, Kansas Insurance Department
Ana M. Smith-Daley, Texas Department of Insurance
Dr. Raymond Spudeck, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
Steve Ostlund, Alabama Insurance Department
Lou Felice, New York State Insurance Department
Danny Saenz, Texas Department of Insurance
Joseph Fritsch, New York State Department of Financial Services
Kathy Belfi, Connecticut Insurance Department
Fred Heese, Missouri Department of Insurance
Lenita Blasingame - Arkansas
Belinda H. Miller - Florida
Information Required for Nominations
- The specific contribution of the nominee stated in a single sentence.
- a) Present position (title, organization, address)
b) Positions (past and present) in which the nominee made the contribution
- How the contribution was implemented. Please cite specifics.
- The actual demonstrated impact of the contribution.
- Whether the contribution was developed alone or together with others (name any others).
- The probable future impact of the contribution.
Criteria for Selection
- currently serving as full time staff of a state insurance department, and
- has contributed a singularly significant concept of practice that sets a new standard in the area of state regulation of insurance, or
- has individually produced research which makes an original and significant contribution to state regulation of insurance, or
- achieves the most effective regulatory program at the optimum cost over the longest term, or
- exhibits an attitude and performs activities fostering the advancement of the insurance regulatory profession, or
- has made an outstanding contribution to the literature of insurance.