This page provides state-specific checklists, application forms and contacts for paper resident and non-resident licensing in the State of Georgia.
Non-Resident Licensing Checklist for Business Entities
- We do not appoint the agency/business entity however each individual agent must be appointed (certificate of authority) to represent the insurer.
- Check or money order must be payable to Georgia Insurance Department/PSI Services LLC
- Fee for licensure: $100
Non-Resident Licensing Checklist for Individuals
You may apply online at www.sircon.com.
- An insurance company is no longer required to sponsor an agent on the initial nonresident application for licensure HOWEVER before an agent can sell, solicit or negotiate insurance for an insurer, the agent must be appointed (certificate of authority) to represent the insurer.
- Check or money order must be payable to Georgia Insurance Department
- Fees for licensure are based on license type/classes requested:
- Agent Life, Accident and Sickness: $115
- Agent Property Casualty: $115
- Agent Variable Product: $115
- Agent for Personal Lines: $115
- Agent for Credit or Travel Ticket/Travel Accident: $115
- *Adjuster: $115
- *Public Adjuster: $115
- *Workers Compensation Adjuster: $115
- *Counselor: $115
- Surplus Lines Broker: $615
- FOR AGENTS APPLYING FOR MULTIPLE LINES ON ONE APPLICATION THE FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Agent Life,Accident & Sickness AND Property Casualty: $215
- Agent Life, Accident & Sickness AND Personal Lines: $215
- Agent Life,Accident & Sickness AND Variable Products: $215
- Agent Life,Accident &Sickness,Variable Products AND Property Casualty: $315
- Agent Property, Casualty AND Surplus Lines Brokers: $715
- If applying for Variable Products
- you must also apply or hold a Georgia Life license and
- attach proof of current NASD registration(s) Series 6, 7, IR or GS.
- For applicants applying for Adjuster, Workers Compensation Adjuster, Public Adjuster or Counselor licenses: You will need to attach a supplement indicating the type of license and line of authority you are requesting. In lieu of a supplement, you can indicate license type and line of authority requested on application under #38 'Jurisdiction and Type of License Requested.'
The National Insurance Producer Registry ("NIPR") populates the State Matrix of Business Rules ("State Matrix") with information provided directly from participating state insurance departments. Participating states are encouraged to provide updated information when appropriate. NIPR does not guarantee the completeness, accuracy or adequacy of the information in the State Matrix. The information in the State Matrix does not constitute legal advice and use of this information is at user's own risk and responsibility. Any questions regarding the interpretation of the rules or the accuracy of the information should be directed to the appropriate state insurance department.
Mail Applications to:
Mailing Address Without Payments
PSI Services LLC
2997 Cobb Parkway SE,
P.O. Box 723957,
Atlanta, GA 31139
Mailing Address With Payments
Bank of America Lockbox Services
6000 Feldwood Road,
College Park, GA 30349
PSI Services LLC
Phone: (855) 235-5174