- Executive (EX) Committee
- Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force
- Government Relations (EX) Leadership Council
- Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force
- Long-Term Care Insurance Multistate Rate Review (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Reduced Benefit Options (EX) Subgroup
- Special (EX) Committee on Race and Insurance
2022 Adopted Charges
Recognizing the gravity of the threat posed by the current long-term care insurance (LTCI) environment both to consumers and our state-based system of insurance regulation, the mission of the Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force is to: 1) further develop and implement a coordinated national approach for reviewing LTCI rates; 2) monitor and evaluate the rate review process; 3) evaluate and recommend options to help consumers manage the impact of rate increases; and 4) monitor work performed by other NAIC groups to review the financial solvency of long-term care (LTC) insurers.
The Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force will:
- Once adopted by the NAIC Executive (EX) Committee and Plenary, monitor, and evaluate the progress of the multistate actuarial (MSA) rate review process as outlined in the MSA Framework document. Monitor state insurance department rate review actions subsequent to implementation of the MSA Framework and MSA rate review recommendations.
- Complete an evaluation and recommend options to provide consumers with choices regarding modifications to LTCI contract benefits where policies are no longer affordable due to rate increases.
- Monitor the work performed by other NAIC solvency working groups and assist in the timely multi-state coordination and communication of the review of the financial condition of LTC insurers.
There are no education and training events at this time.