- Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee
- Consumer Information (B) Subgroup
- Health Actuarial (B) Task Force
- Long-Term Care Actuarial (B) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Pricing (B) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Valuation (B) Subgroup
- Health Innovations (B) Working Group
- Regulatory Framework (B) Task Force
- Accident and Sickness Insurance Minimum Standards (B) Subgroup
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) (B) Working Group
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) (B) Working Group
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager Regulatory Issues (B) Subgroup
- Senior Issues (B) Task Force
2023 Adopted Charges
The Health Innovations (B) Working Group shall:
- Gather and share information, best practices, experience and data to inform and support health innovation at the state and national levels, including, but not limited to, state flexibility options through the ACA and other health insurance-related policy initiatives.
- Discuss state innovations related to health care—i.e., access, insurance plan designs, underlying medical and prescription drug costs, stability for health care and insurance as a whole, health insurer and provider consolidation or competition, the use of data in regulatory and policy decision-making, and health care delivery and financing models—to achieve better patient outcomes and lower spending trends.
- Explore sources and methods for state insurance regulators to obtain data to inform health reform initiatives.
- Disseminate materials and reports, via the NAIC, to the states and the U.S. territories wishing to utilize the information gathered by the Working Group.
- Take up other matters as directed by the Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee.
Public Webex Meeting
Tuesday, November 02, 2021
3:00 PM ET, 2:00 PM CT, 1:00 PM MT, 12:00 PM PT
Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
State policies to promote more affordable coverage.
2022 Fall National Meeting
Health Innovations (B) Working Group
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
9:45 AM - 11:15 AM ET
HB Plant Ballroom E & F - Level 2 - JW Marriott
- NASHP Model State Legislation to Prohibit Unwarranted Facility Fees
- NASHP Presentation
- American Hospital Association Presentation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Presentation
- AHIP Healthier People Healthier Markets
- AHIP Presentation
- Broadening Coverage to Combat the Obesity Epidemic: A Toolkit for State Innovation
- Pate Presentation
- Anderson Presentation
- Schmid Presentation