Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) (B) Working Group
- Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee
- Consumer Information (B) Subgroup
- Health Actuarial (B) Task Force
- Health Care Reform Actuarial (B) Working Group
- State Rate Review (B) Subgroup
- Health Reserves (B) Subgroup (disbanded)
- Long-Term Care Actuarial (B) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Pricing (B) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Valuation (B) Subgroup
- Health Innovations (B) Working Group
- Regulatory Framework (B) Task Force
- Accident and Sickness Insurance Minimum Standards (B) Subgroup
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) (B) Working Group
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Issues (B) Subgroup (disbanded)
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) (B) Working Group
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager Regulatory Issues (B) Subgroup
- Senior Issues (B) Task Force
- Long-Term Care Insurance Model Update (B) Subgroup
2021 Adopted Charges
The MHPAEA (B) Working Group will:
- Monitor, report and analyze developments related to the federal Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA), and make recommendations regarding NAIC strategy and policy with respect to those developments.
- Monitor, facilitate and coordinate best practices with the states, the DOL and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) related to the MHPAEA.
- Monitor, facilitate and coordinate with the states and the DOL regarding compliance and enforcement efforts regarding the ACA that relate to MHPAEA.
- Provide supplemental resources to support documentation and reporting in the MHPAEA chapter of the NAIC Market Regulation Handbook.
- Coordinate with and provide input to Market Regulation and Consumer Affairs (D) Committee groups, as necessary, regarding mental health parity market conduct examinations.
There are no call materials at this time.
Related NAIC Publications