Careers at the NAIC
NAIC Recognized as Healthy Employer
The Kansas City Business Journal recently released its 2018 Healthiest Employers list and named the NAIC as one of those employers.
NAIC employees can explore a variety of career opportunities in areas such as information technology, insurance research/analysis, management, administration, legal, financial analysis, communications, marketing and many others.
Professional development is encouraged with our employees. Some of our benefits include tuition reimbursement, continuing education, professional memberships, designations and certifications.
Employees enjoy a friendly and contemporary work environment. Just a few of the benefits include business casual attire (including jeans in the Kansas City office), flexible work hours, compressed schedules, and special recognition programs. One of the most unique benefits is our Infants in the Workplace program, which has welcomed more than 130 babies since 1998.
For a glimpse of the work atmosphere that the NAIC provides, watch the videos below.
Employee Benefits Overview
- Compressed Work Schedule
- Four day work week
- 37.5 Hour work Week
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Work From Home 1-2 Days a Week
- Infants in the Workplace Program
- Kansas City: Jeans Incorporated into Dress Code
- Paid Time Off Community Volunteering (2 Days/Year)
- Social Events Such As:
- Employee Appreciation Day
- Others that are Location-Specific
- Extensive Employee Recognition Programs
- Peer Recognition
- Management Recognition
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision, and Long-Term Disability
- Comprehensive Wellness Program Including:
- Health Screening, Coaching, Targeted Programs, and Wellness Day
- Vacation/Sick/Floating Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Free On-site Fitness Center:
- Kansas City, New York and Washington, D.C.
- Employer Retirement Contributions:
- NAIC: 3% Discretionary + 5.5% Match
- NIPR: 5% Discretionary + 3.5% Match
- IIPRC: 2% Discretionary + 3.5% Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Vacation Buyback
- Zero-Interest Computer Loans
- Kansas City: Free Parking
- Washington DC: Free Parking
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Career Opportunities with State Insurance Departments
Use the drop-down list to the right to locate positions with State Insurance Departments