- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee
- Cannabis Insurance (C) Working Group
- Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force
- Actuarial Opinion (C) Working Group
- Statistical Data (C) Working Group
- Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- NAIC/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (C) Advisory Group
- Climate Risk and Resilience (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Lender-Placed Insurance Model Act (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Pet Insurance (C) Working Group
- Surplus Lines (C) Task Force
- Surplus Lines (C) Working Group
- Terrorism Insurance Implementation (C) Working Group
- Title Insurance (C) Task Force
- Title Insurance Financial Reporting (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group
- Workers' Compensation (C) Task Force
- NAIC/International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) Joint (C) Working Group
2021 Adopted Charges
The Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group will:
- Monitor and recommend measures to improve the availability and affordability of insurance and reinsurance related to catastrophe perils for personal and commercial lines.
- Evaluate potential state, regional and national programs to increase capacity for insurance and reinsurance related to catastrophe perils.
- Monitor and assess proposals that address disaster insurance issues at the federal and state levels. Assess concentration-of-risk issues and whether a regulatory solution is needed.
- Provide a forum for discussing issues and recommending solutions related to insuring for catastrophe risk, including terrorism, war, and natural disasters.
- Provide a forum for discussing various issues related to catastrophe modeling, and monitor issues that will result in changes to the Catastrophe Computer Modeling Handbook.
- Investigate and recommend ways the NAIC can assist states in responding to disasters, while building a central repository of timely resources for state insurance regulators to better prepare for disasters.
- Continue to monitor the growth of the private flood insurance market and assess the actions taken by individual states to facilitate growth. Update the Considerations for Private Flood Insurance appendix to include new ways states are growing the private flood insurance market.
- Study, in coordination with other NAIC task forces and working groups, earthquake matters of concern to state insurance regulators. Consider various innovative earthquake insurance coverage options aimed at improving take-up rates.
Public Webex Meeting
Monday, June 21, 2021
2:30 PM ET, 1:30 PM CT, 12:30 PM MT, 11:30 AM PT Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Discuss the referral from the Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force to update the Catastrophe Modeling Handbook.
Public Webex Meeting
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
5:30 AM ET, 4:30 AM CT, 3:30 AM MT, 2:30 AM PT Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Meeting in lieu of Spring National Meeting to hear from states affected by recent major catastrophic events, as well as hear a brief presentation from Q-risq Analytics.