Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee
- Cannabis Insurance (C) Working Group
- Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force
- Actuarial Opinion (C) Working Group
- Statistical Data (C) Working Group
- Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- NAIC/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (C) Advisory Group
- Pet Insurance (C) Working Group
- Surplus Lines (C) Task Force
- Surplus Lines (C) Working Group
- Terrorism Insurance Implementation (C) Working Group
- Title Insurance (C) Task Force
- Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group
- Workers' Compensation (C) Task Force
- NAIC/International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) Joint (C) Working Group
2022 Adopted Charges
The Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group will:
- Monitor and recommend measures to improve the availability and affordability of insurance and reinsurance related to catastrophe perils for personal and commercial lines.
- Evaluate potential state, regional and national programs to increase capacity for insurance and reinsurance related to catastrophe perils.
- Monitor and assess proposals that address disaster insurance issues at the federal and state levels. Assess concentration-of-risk issues and whether a regulatory solution is needed.
- Provide a forum for discussing issues and recommending solutions related to insuring for catastrophe risk, including terrorism, war and natural disasters.
- Consider revisions to the Catastrophe Computer Modeling Handbook.
- Investigate and recommend ways the NAIC can assist states in responding to disasters by continuing to build the NAIC’s Catastrophe Resource Center for state insurance regulators to better prepare for disasters.
- Continue to monitor the growth of the private flood insurance market and assess the actions taken by individual states to facilitate growth. Update the Considerations for Private Flood Insurance appendix to include new ways states are growing the private flood insurance market.
- Study, in coordination with other NAIC task forces and working groups, earthquake matters of concern to state insurance regulators. Consider various innovative earthquake insurance coverage options aimed at improving take-up rates.
NAIC Support Staff: Sara Robben
Related NAIC Publications