- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee
- Cannabis Insurance (C) Working Group
- Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force
- Actuarial Opinion (C) Working Group
- Statistical Data (C) Working Group
- Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- Climate Risk and Resilience (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Lender-Placed Insurance Model Act (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Pet Insurance (C) Working Group
- Surplus Lines (C) Task Force
- Surplus Lines (C) Working Group
- Terrorism Insurance Implementation (C) Working Group
- Title Insurance (C) Task Force
- Title Insurance Financial Reporting (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group
- Workers' Compensation (C) Task Force
- NAIC/International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) Joint (C) Working Group
The Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group will:
- Study and evaluate actions that will improve the capacity of consumers to comparison shop based on differences in coverage provided by different insurance carriers offering personal lines products.
- Facilitate consumers’ capacity to understand the content of insurance policies and assess differences in insurers’ policy forms.
- Assist other groups with drafting language included within consumer-facing documents.
- Consider drafting regulatory best practices that serve to inform consumers of the reasons for significant premium increases related to property/casualty (P/C) insurance products.
- Update and develop webpage and mobile content for A Shopping Tool for Homeowners Insurance and A Shopping Tool for Automobile Insurance.
- Consider the possibility of disclosures or consumer education information regarding the fact that homeowners policies do not cover losses from flood, earthquake or other specified disasters.
Public Webex Meeting
Monday, March 15, 2021
3:00 PM ET, 2:00 PM CT, 1:00 PM MT, 12:00 PM PT Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Interim meeting in lieu of the Spring National Meeting to discuss the scope of each of the drafting groups regarding the drafting of a best practices document about disclosures for significant premium increases on property/casualty (P/C) insurance product. The Working Group will also hear a presentation from Visible Threads.
Public Webex Meeting
Thursday, February 04, 2021
2:00 PM ET, 1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Discuss Best Practices Document Regarding Premium Increases.