- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee
- Cannabis Insurance (C) Working Group
- Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force
- Actuarial Opinion (C) Working Group
- Statistical Data (C) Working Group
- Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- Climate Risk and Resilience (C) Working Group
- Lender-Placed Insurance Model Act (C) Working Group
- Pet Insurance (C) Working Group
- Surplus Lines (C) Task Force
- Surplus Lines (C) Working Group
- Terrorism Insurance Implementation (C) Working Group
- Title Insurance (C) Task Force
- Title Insurance Financial Reporting (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group
- Workers' Compensation (C) Task Force
- NAIC/International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) Joint (C) Working Group
2020 Adopted Charges
The Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group will:
- Study and evaluate actions that will improve the capacity of consumers to comparison shop on the basis of differences in coverage provided by different insurance carriers offering personal lines products.
- Systematize and improve presale disclosures of coverage.
- Facilitate consumers’ capacity to understand the content of insurance policies and assess differences in insurers’ policy forms.
- Assist other groups with drafting language included within consumer-facing documents.
- Study and discuss whether there is a need for consumer disclosures regarding significant premium increases on property/casualty (P/C) insurance products.
- Update and develop web page and mobile content for A Shopping Tool for Homeowners Insurance and A Shopping Tool for Automobile Insurance.
- Discuss and draft a disclosure for state insurance regulators to consider requiring to be added to homeowners’ policies regarding the fact that homeowners policies do not cover losses from flood, earthquake or other specified disasters.
Monday, September 21, 2020
3:00 PM ET, 2:00 PM CT, 1:00 PM MT, 12:00 PM PT
Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Purpose of the call is to discuss what states are doing regarding disclosure of premium increases.