- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee
- Cannabis Insurance (C) Working Group
- Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force
- Actuarial Opinion (C) Working Group
- Statistical Data (C) Working Group
- Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- NAIC/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (C) Advisory Group
- Pet Insurance (C) Working Group
- Surplus Lines (C) Task Force
- Surplus Lines (C) Working Group
- Terrorism Insurance Implementation (C) Working Group
- Title Insurance (C) Task Force
- Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group
- Workers' Compensation (C) Task Force
- NAIC/International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) Joint (C) Working Group
The mission of the Title Insurance (C) Task Force is to study issues related to title insurers and title insurance producers.
2022 Adopted Charges
The Title Insurance (C) Task Force will:
- Discuss and/or monitor issues and developments impacting the title insurance industry, and provide support and expertise to other NAIC committees, task forces and/or working groups, or outside entities, as appropriate
- Review and assist various regulatory bodies in combating fraudulent and/or unfair real estate settlement activities. Such efforts could include working with the Antifraud (D) Task Force and other NAIC committees, task forces and/or working groups to combat mortgage fraud and mitigating title agent defalcations through the promotion of closing protection letters (CPLs) and other remedies.
- Consult with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and other agencies responsible for information; education; and disclosure for mortgage lending, closing and settlement services about the role of title insurance in the real estate transaction process.
- Evaluate CPLs to ensure compliance with state regulation and requirements, consumer protection offered and excluded, and potential alternatives for coverage.
NAIC Support Staff: Anne Obersteadt
Public Webex Meeting
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
2:00 PM ET, 1:00 PM CT, 12:00 PM MT, 11:00 AM PT
Expected Length of Call: 90 Minutes
Meeting in lieu of the Fall National Meeting to consider adoption of its Oct. 19 minutes, consider adoption of 2022 proposed charges, hear a presentation from AM Best on how the Robust Housing Market Drove Historic Title Performance and hear a presentation on ALTA’s New Policy Endorsements.
Please see the current Committee List for a complete list of committee members.