- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee
- Cannabis Insurance (C) Working Group
- Casualty Actuarial and Statistical (C) Task Force
- Actuarial Opinion (C) Working Group
- Statistical Data (C) Working Group
- Catastrophe Insurance (C) Working Group
- Climate Risk and Resilience (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Lender-Placed Insurance Model Act (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Pet Insurance (C) Working Group
- Surplus Lines (C) Task Force
- Surplus Lines (C) Working Group
- Terrorism Insurance Implementation (C) Working Group
- Title Insurance (C) Task Force
- Title Insurance Financial Reporting (C) Working Group (disbanded)
- Transparency and Readability of Consumer Information (C) Working Group
- Workers' Compensation (C) Task Force
- NAIC/International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) Joint (C) Working Group
The mission of the Title Insurance (C) Task Force is to study issues related to title insurers and title insurance producers.
2021 Adopted Charges
The Title Insurance (C) Task Force will:
- Monitor issues and developments occurring in the title insurance industry, and provide support and expertise to other NAIC committees, task forces and/or working groups, or outside entities, as appropriate.
- Review and assist various regulatory bodies in combating fraudulent and/or unfair real estate settlement activities. Such efforts could include working with the Antifraud (D) Task Force and other NAIC committees, task forces and/or working groups to combat mortgage fraud and mitigating title agent defalcations through the promotion of closing protection letters (CPLs) and other remedies. Report results at each national meeting.
- Consult with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and other agencies responsible for information; education; and disclosure for mortgage lending, closing and settlement services about the role of title insurance in the real estate transaction process.
- Consider the effectiveness of changes in financial reporting by title insurance companies, and identify further improvements and clarifications to blanks, instructions, Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAPs), solvency tools, and other matters, as necessary. Coordinate efforts with the Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group.
- Revise the Title Insurance Consumer Shopping Tool Template to include questions and answers about title insurance-related fraud topics, including but not limited to, CPLs and wire fraud.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of CPLs, including but not limited to, intent, state regulation and requirements, consumer protections offered and excluded, and potential alternatives for coverage.
- Explore short-term and long-term issues and solutions from the pandemic.
NAIC Support Staff: Anne Obersteadt
Public Webex Meeting
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
12:00 PM ET, 11:00 AM CT, 10:00 AM MT, 9:00 AM PT Expected Length of Call: 90 Minutes
Adopt minutes, hear a presentation on the latest Best’s Market Segment Report, hear a presentation on the financial performance of title insurers in 2020, hear an update on revisions to the Title Insurance Consumer Shopping Tool Template, and discuss development of a brief summarizing issues and developments.
Public Webex Meeting
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
12:30 PM ET, 11:30 AM CT, 10:30 AM MT, 9:30 AM PT Expected Length of Call: 90 Minutes
WebEx meeting in lieu of Spring National Meeting to discuss the revised 2021 Work Plan and hear part two of a presentation on the Impact of the Pandemic on the Title Industry.
Please see the current Committee List for a complete list of committee members.