- Financial Condition (E) Committee
- Accounting Practices and Procedures (E) Task Force
- Blanks (E) Working Group
- Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group
- Capital Adequacy (E) Task Force
- Health Risk-Based Capital (E) Working Group
- Investment Risk-Based Capital (E) Working Group (disbanded)
- Life Risk-Based Capital (E) Working Group
- Longevity Risk (E/A) Subgroup
- Variable Annuities Capital and Reserve (E/A) Subgroup
- Property and Casualty Risk-Based Capital (E) Working Group
- Catastrophe Risk (E) Subgroup
- Examination Oversight (E) Task Force
- Electronic Workpaper (E) Working Group
- Financial Analysis Solvency Tools (E) Working Group
- Financial Examiners Coordination (E) Working Group
- Financial Examiners Handbook (E) Technical Group
- Information Technology (IT) Examination (E) Working Group
- Financial Analysis (E) Working Group
- Financial Stability (E) Task Force
- Liquidity Assessment (E) Subgroup
- Group Capital Calculation (E) Working Group
- Group Solvency Issues (E) Working Group
- Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Implementation (E) Subgroup
- Mortgage Guaranty Insurance (E) Working Group
- Mutual Recognition of Jurisdictions (E) Working Group
- NAIC/American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) (E) Working Group
- National Treatment and Coordination (E) Working Group
- Biographical Third-Party Review (E) Subgroup
- Receivership and Insolvency (E) Task Force
- Receivership Financial Analysis (E) Working Group
- Receivership Large Deductible Workers' Compensation (E) Working Group (disbanded)
- Receivership Law (E) Working Group
- Reinsurance (E) Task Force
- Reinsurance Financial Analysis (E) Working Group
- Restructuring Mechanisms (E) Working Group
- Restructuring Mechanisms (E) Subgroup
- Risk-Focused Surveillance (E) Working Group
- Risk Retention Group (E) Task Force
- Valuation Analysis (E) Working Group
- Valuation of Securities (E) Task Force
2021 Adopted Charges
The Valuation Analysis (E) Working Group will:
- Respond to states in a confidential forum regarding questions and issues arising during the course of annual principle- based reserving (PBR) reviews or PBR examination and which also may include consideration of asset adequacy analysis questions and issues.
- Work with NAIC resources to assist in prioritizing and responding to issues and questions regarding PBR and asset adequacy analysis including actuarial guidelines or other requirements making use of or relating to PBR, such as Actuarial Guideline XXXVIII—The Application of the Valuation of Life Insurance Policies Model Regulation (AG 38), Actuarial Guideline XLVIII—Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum Requirements for the Reinsurance of Policies Required to be Valued Under Sections 6 and 7 of the NAIC Valuation of Life Insurance Policies Model Regulation (AG 48), and the Term and Universal Life Insurance Reserve Financing Model Regulation (#787).
- Develop and implement a plan with NAIC resources to identify outliers/concerns regarding PBR/asset adequacy analysis.
- Refer questions/issues as appropriate to the Life Actuarial (A) Task Force that may require consideration of changes/interpretations to be provided in the Valuation Manual.
- Assist NAIC resources in development of a standard asset/liability model portfolio used to calibrate company PBR models.
- Make referrals as appropriate to the Financial Analysis (E) Working Group.
- Perform other work to carry out the Valuation Analysis (E) Working Group procedures.
Support Information for Regulators Regarding
Principle-Based Reserves or Asset Adequacy Analysis
NAIC Support - Regulators can submit questions or request assistance from NAIC support staff relating to Principle-Based Reserves (PBR) or Asset Adequacy Analysis. Assistance that may be provided by NAIC support staff includes, but is not limited to: modeling of insurance cash flows to assist in conducting analysis and examinations; verification of PBR exclusion test calculations; and verification of the components of the PBR (Net Premium Reserve, Deterministic Reserve, Stochastic Reserve) on a sample of the company's contracts. Regulators can submit questions and requests for assistance to the NAIC support for the Valuation Analysis (E) Working Group (VAWG) at: email@example.com.
VAWG Support - Regulators can also submit issues regarding PBR or Asset Adequacy Analysis directly to the VAWG. These submissions will typically relate to a significant concern regarding a PBR or Asset Adequacy Analysis review of a domestic company. However, there could be other reasons for a submission. To submit an issue to be discussed and addressed by the VAWG, regulators should complete the submission form and email the completed form to the NAIC support for the VAWG at:firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no call materials at this time.