- Executive (EX) Committee
- Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force
- Financial Stability (EX) Task Force
- Liquidity Assessment (EX) Subgroup
- Government Relations (EX) Leadership Council
- Innovation and Technology (EX) Task Force
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (EX) Working Group
- Speed to Market (EX) Working Group
- Long-Term Care Insurance (EX) Task Force
- Long-Term Care Insurance Financial Solvency (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Multistate Rate Review (EX) Subgroup
- Long-Term Care Insurance Reduced Benefit Options (EX) Subgroup
- Special (EX) Committee on Race and Insurance
The mission of the Speed to Market (EX) Working Group is to 1) serve as the NAIC focal point for modernization of the insurance product filing and review processes; 2) monitor the development and implementation of speed to market efficiencies and the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF); and 3) provide support to the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (IIPRC) for initiatives that require uniformity and policy changes within the states, where necessary.
2021 Adopted Charges
The Speed to Market (EX) Working Group will:
- Consider proposed System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF) features or functionality presented to the Working Group by the SERFF Advisory Board, likely originating from the SERFF Product Steering Committee (PSC). Upon approval and acquisition of any needed funding, direct the SERFF Advisory Board to implement the project. Receive periodic reports from the SERFF Advisory Board, as needed.
- Provide feedback and recommendations concerning the SERFF modernization when requested by the Executive (EX) Committee and any group assigned oversight of the SERFF modernization by the Executive (EX) Committee.
- Discuss and oversee the implementation and ongoing maintenance/enhancement of speed to market operational efficiencies related to product filing needs, efficiencies and effective consumer protection. This includes the following activities:
- Provide a forum to gather information from the states and the industry regarding tools, policies and resolutions to assist with common filing issues. Provide oversight in evaluating product filing efficiency issues for state insurance regulators and the industry, particularly with regard to uniformity. Evaluate the state survey results compiled in 2020 regarding the usefulness of existing tools and potential new tools, and propose a plan to make improvements.
- Use SERFF data to develop, refine, implement, collect and distribute common filing metrics that provide a tool to measure the success of the speed to market modernization efforts as measured by nationwide and individual state speed to market compliance, with an emphasis on monitoring state regulatory and insurer responsibilities for speed to market for insurance products.
- Facilitate proposed changes to the product coding matrices (PCMs) and the uniform transmittal document (UTD) on an annual basis, including the review, approval and notification of changes. Monitor, assist with and report on state implementation of any PCM changes.
- Facilitate the review and revision of the Product Filing Review Handbook, which contains an overview of all of the operational efficiency tools and describes best practices for industry filers and state reviewers with regard to the rate and form filing and review process. Develop and implement a communication plan to inform states about the Product Filing Review Handbook.
- Provide direction to NAIC staff regarding SERFF functionality, implementation, development and enhancements. Direct NAIC staff to provide individual state speed to market reports to each commissioner at each national meeting. Receive periodic reports from NAIC staff, as needed.
- Conduct the following activities as desired by the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (Compact):
- Provide support to the Compact as the speed to market vehicle for asset-based insurance products, encouraging the states’ participation in, and the industry’s usage of the Compact.
- Receive periodic reports from the Compact, as needed.
Public Webex Meeting
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
3:00 PM ET, 2:00 PM CT, 1:00 PM MT, 12:00 PM PT Expected Length of Call: 1 hr
Interim meeting in lieu of the Fall National Meeting.
- Consider Adoption of the Sept. 29 Minutes
- Further Discuss the Product Requirements Locator
- Discuss Phase One of the Communication Plan for the Speed to Market Tools
- Discuss Any Other Matters Brought Before the Working Group
Working Group Contact:
Assistant Director Market Regulation
Market Regulation Specialist II/Trainer
Senior Application Support Analyst, Filing Solutions
Regulatory Coordinator Consultant
Phone: (202) 471-3962
Please see the current Committee List for a complete list of committee members.